This is a dream job for one lucky individual. Are you a fitness enthusiast who holds an engineering degree? Do you love designing and engineering new products? Do you always have ideas of new fitness concepts and would love to put those ideas in the hands of people who can use them? Have you ever dreamed of having a career creating, building and designing products that improve people's lives? Then this career might be for you.
We're looking for a motivated, energetic Mechanical Engineer who wants to be part of a winning team. Must be able to manage detailed projects, meet timelines.
We're the largest functional fitness brand serving the CrossFit, Military, MMA, Gymnastics and Occupational Therapy communities. Some of our customers include Dick Sporting Goods, Sports Authority, LifeTime Fitness, etc. We service thousands of commercial, specialty dealers and private gym clubs.
Position / Title: Mechanical Engineer
Reports To: Director of Operations
Will be a key player in the new product development process (design, systems integration, testing, prototype development). Responsible for documenting manufacturing processes, establishing and modifying product Bill of Materials, evaluating and recommending improvements to manufacturing methods. In addition, this individual will have the responsibility to conduct investigations into process and product failures / complaints and develop and implement the associated process or product design changes for continuous improvement. Lead to manage the Engineering Change Order (ECO) process.
Mechanical Engineer Job Duties:
- Evaluates manufacturing processes by designing and conducting research programs; applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials; conferring with equipment vendors; soliciting observations from operators.
- Develops manufacturing processes by studying product requirements; researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods and equipment; conferring with equipment vendors.
- Improves manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning work flow, space requirements, and equipment layout.
- Assures product and process quality by designing testing methods; testing finished- product and process capabilities; establishing standards; confirming manufacturing processes.
- Provides manufacturing decision-making information by calculating production, labor, and material costs; reviewing production schedules; estimating future requirements.
- Prepares product and process reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Provides manufacturing engineering information by answering questions and requests.
- Maintains product and company reputation by complying with government regulations.
- Keeps equipment operational by coordinating maintenance and repair services; following manufacturer's instructions and established procedures; requesting special service.
- Completes design and development projects by training and guiding technicians.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Mechanical engineering degree or similar
Proficiency with SolidWorks or similar
Like to have:
Enthusiasm for fitness, therapy and/or gymnastics
Understanding of manufacturing processes
Product cost calculations – Costed Bill of Materials
Creation of detailed Bills of Material
Proficiency using an ERP
Skills / Qualifications:
Dealing with Complexity, Informing Others, Leadership, Supervision, Hardware Specifications, Manufacturing Methods and Procedures, Manufacturing Quality, Product Development, Presenting Technical Information, CAD, CAM, Solid Works, etc.